Ulead DVD Workshop is powerful, yet flexible DVD authoring software designed for both professionals and enthusiasts. Acquire fully integrated, high-quality MPEG capture and conversion while achieving advanced control over menu authoring. Using extensive object libraries, customize menu templates or build your own complete with video-motion buttons, backgrounds, and text effects. With Ulead DVD Workshops advanced technology, gain the precise control needed to create DVDs that command the attention they deserve.
Grab video from digital or analog sources with advanced MPEG capture and conversion tools.
Build dynamic still or motion menus using an extensive set of design tools and templates for unlimited creativity.
BURN & PLAY
Use the latest DVD & CD burners to produce DVD, VCD and SVCD titles that will playback on set-top players and PCs.
CONVENIENT CAPTURE AND CONVERSION TOOLS
ADVANCED AUTHORING MADE SIMPLE
- MPEG-Direct? Capture- Save conversion time and disk space by capturing video directly to MPEG format using FireWire (IEEE 1394) cards and analog capture boards.
- Device Control- Use automated capture functions such as Scene Detection for convenient capturing.
- Seamless Capture-Capture over 4GB of continuous video for clips longer than 20 minutes in the FAT32 file architecture.
- Video Trimming and Cutting-Trim captured video clips to remove unwanted segments.
- Automatic Transcoding-Import existing non-compliant video for automatic, high-quality DVD/VCD/SVCD transcoding.
- Variable/Constant Bit-rate Encoding-Encode MPEG video with a constant bit-rate (CBR) or produce quality video with smaller file sizes by taking advantage of variable bit-rate (VBR) encoding.
- Field-based Compression -- Field-based compression helps ensure smooth playback of your discs on a TV.
- Automatic Chapter Points-Instantly detect scene changes during capture and automatically place Chapter Points for easy reference.
- Versatile User Interface Design-A unique panel workflow allows for easy creation of sophisticated DVDs, VCDs and SVCDs.
- Instant Slideshows -- Drag still images to a title list for immediate slideshows. All slideshows are DVD quality images, even on VCDs and SVCDs. Change the duration of each image independently and add background music.
- Instant Chapter Creation-Insert a chapter point at any time during playback and view your created chapters in the Chapter List.
- Template Saving-Simply drag any object, video, image or entire menu into the Media Library to be saved as a template for later projects.
- Flexible Media Management-Easily manage and arrange video and image content with the convenient Media Library. Create specialized folders for efficient organization.
- Player Simulation-Preview your DVD/VCD/SVCD navigation controls and motion features before burning to a disc to prevent wasting time and money on bad discs.
- Object Linking-Easily link any object or text to the video, chapter, slideshow or menu of your choice.
- Power Menus? -Produce menus using one of three processes (blank, template or wizard) and merge them all into one project giving you appropriate workflows for the menu task at hand.
- Ulead PhotoImpact? Support-Produce any object or effect using Ulead PhotoImpact and import those objects into DVD Workshop for unlimited creativity.
- Navigation Control-Set navigation controls so titles repeat or jump to another target title or menu when finished playing. Set time- outs on menus to keep the presentation moving.
- Set Chapter Point Thumbnails-Select any frame from your video to serve as the representative thumbnail image for your video clip, chapter point or slideshow.
- Flexible First Play Options-Add an introduction video, image or slideshow to automatically play as soon as the disc is inserted into a player to use as branding or disclaimer information.
BURN USING THE LATEST DVD & CD WRITERS
- Powerful Menu Design Tools-Build your own menus with a superior set of design tools such as layer management, object framing, object alignment, shadow, transparency, brightness and contrast.
- Unique Text Effects-Make text and captions stand out by applying striking effects such as wrap, neon, emboss, 3D and more.
- Free Content-Make use of over 300 high-quality background images, buttons, arrows, frames and objects to make your own stylized menus without having to spend time on menu content creation.
- Motion MenusCreate dynamic DVD menus by setting backgrounds and buttons in motion.
- Customize Button Highlight Color-Choose your own colors to create unique highlight-color sets for your buttons, allowing for maximum creative control.
- Extensive DVD Burner Support-Burn high-quality DVD titles using DVD-R/RW or DVD+RW drives.
- Video CD/Super VCD Output-Use CD-R/RW drives and inexpensive CD media to create VCD and SVCD titles.
- Advanced Burning Technology SupportInsure complete burns with support for BURN- Proof?, JustLink?, Seamless Link?, and SmartBurn?, eliminating buffer under-run errors.
- Quality/Play Length Output Templates-Choose an encoding template to insure 2, 4 or 6 hours will fit on a 4GB DVD disc.
- Fewer hours equals greater quality.
- Save Disc Images-Save projects as disc images to quickly re-burn at any time.
- Spec Integrity Checking-Automatically verify if all project elements are compliant with DVD/VCD/SVCD specifications before burning.
Microsoft Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
Intel Pentium III 450MHz or higher (700MHz or higher recommended)
64MB of RAM (128 or more recommended)
150MB of available hard disk space for program installation
4GB+ hard disk space for video capture and converting
(Note: 1 hour of DV video requires 13GB of hard disk space)
Windows-compatible display with at least 800x600 resolution
Window s-compatible mouse or pointing device
Windows-compatible sound card
Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, QuickTime
Image: BMP, GIF, JPG, JP2, JPC, PNG, TGA, TIF
Audio: MPEG audio (MPA), WAV, MP3 Export
Disc: DVD, miniDVD, VCD and SVCD movie titles
Input/Output Device Support
1394 FireWire cards (OHCI compliant) for use with digital camcorders
Analog capture cards and other devices (VFW and WDM support)
USB capture devices/PC cameras
Windows-compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+RW, CD-R/RW drives